Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paleo Comforts.. Banana Bread

Just a quick one today!


I made some banana bread yesterday.. which led to long conversations with The Caveman, with a friend on facebook, with a friend via text, and with several people at the gym today.
So. Here it is.
Paleo Banana Bread.


I would post some pictures of it after it was sliced, but once I served Abrabacon his first piece, warm and dripping with butter, he took a fork to the remainder and.. well. It was a massacre.
I don't know if anything could have made me happier than the sight of my big strong man with his puppy eyes.. being caught enjoying something I made for him =)


Innnnnngredients...

  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2/3 cup chopped nuts optional (I used walnuts)
  • 4 ripe smashed bananas
  • 2 tbsp honey, local if at all possible
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 and grease muffin tins or a bread pan. 
I measured my 2 tbsp of honey into a small bowl and microwaved it for 10 seconds to make it easier to mix into my mashed bananas 



cracked my eggs into a separate bowl.. that way if one is bad or I screw up and drop some shells in, it's easier to adjust and I haven't destroyed my entire batter. Break yolks and mix eggs and vanilla up before adding to batter.



Sift together dry ingredients and add to the rest of your batter.


Bake muffins at 375 for about 25 minutes, bread for 35-40 (or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean)

Serve with almond butter or butter. If you use margarine, I will come punch you.

Since there are only 2 of us, I thought this would exist long enough to become stale.. no such luck ;)
But I plan to make another batch tomorrow, slice it into sticks and bake it a little longer. I'll let the crisp bread cool while I melt dark chocolate chips in my double boiler, dip each halfway into chocolate, and take them as biscotti to add to our Thanksgiving table =) =)

Have a good week, my friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment