Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chicken Ala Awesome And The Easy to Feed Caveman

The Caveman (to protect his identity, we shall heretofore refer to him as Abrabacon) has very simple tastes.
His diet consists of cooked, unseasoned meat.. sometimes with condiments. Usually with butter.
I'm not so much picky.. picky indicates I'd not be satisfied even after having made a choice. No.. I'd say I'm.. selective? Appititally adventurous.
If you haven't caught on yet, this blog is partially about making up words. Appititally. I don't think Mirriam OR Webster thought of THAT one ;)
It's also about the overuse of emoticons.. but I digress.
I don't do well eating cooked meat with condiments 5 nights a week like Sir Bacon. I need spices. Texture.. Variety.
So we take turns trying to wow one another in the kitchen.
Every now and then, we strike gold.. Some dish so delicious it MUST be shared!
I have a good 2 dozen recipes that I'm insanely excited to share with you, but for today.. you get just one ;)
This recipe was discovered by The Caveman and prepared by yours truly just last night, to please His Royal Baconness.. I present for your approval:
Chicken... Ala Awesome!!
****If you are unable to find Awesome locally, contact me immediately. Help is on it's way..
You will need:
 
  • Chicken. We used 6 thighs.. but feel free to use any cut you like!
  • Butter. 1 stick.. cuz that's how we roll.
  • Paprika
  • Garlic Powder
  • Basil
  • Dried Oregano
  • Parsley
  • And 8 oz of Parmesan, finely grated
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl mix parmesan, 1tbsp Paprika, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp Dried Basil, 1 tbsp Oregano, 1 tbsp Parsley with your fingers.
Wash chicken in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Melt your stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl.
Dip each piece of chicken in melted butter and roll in your cheese/spice mixture. Place in a greased (or foil-lined and THEN greased, if you're an awesome not-cleaner-upper like me) casserole. Bake at 350 until thoroughly cooked (check with a meat thermometer at around 50 minutes)
The fat from your chicken should render slightly, creating a gooey, crisp outside and a juicy... amazing.. delicious... holy smokes I wish we had leftovers......

Reserve any butter you still have chilling out in the bottom of your casserole and transfer to a skillet. Toss some sliced zucchini and red peppers.. maybe a sliced bottleneck squash in the beautifully seasoned butter for a gorgeously complimentary side dish =) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment