Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine

December 21, 2012.
I'm sure you're aware of the significance of that date.
It's only an approximation, of course... but that's the best anyone can hope for, really.
The day the world as we know it.... ends.
That's it.
The Mayans aren't the only ones who have cleverly (if somewhat cryptically) informed us of our impending upheaval.

Nostradamus.
The dreams of Daniel.
Revelations made to John the Apostle.

We've known about this for centuries.. and yet, was there any way to prepare?
No.
When your world changes, you can't be ready.
You just have to change, too.

I've spent months preparing for this.
I know I've done everything I can.. but on at least a daily basis I take inventory.
Where can the supply be supplemented? Do we have a decent supply of food? What else can help in the transition??
All the supplies in the world aren't what I need.

I do my pushups against the wall or up the stairs. It's getting harder with my expanding belly. I can barely bend my arms before my belly brushes ground.
I do pushups with my legs on the couch.
I swim to keep my heart healthy enough for the exertions before me.
I use the abductor and abductor machines to keep my legs strong.
Reverse crunches. Squats. I don't use weights anymore, but I stay strong.
I keep myself well fueled.
You never know when everything could start... you never know when life as we know it will begin to change.

I check our supplies again.
Onesies. Check.
Tiny jeans. Check.
Tiny hoodies with dinosaur spikes down the back.. Double check.
We still need to make a final decision on those cloth diapers and make that initial investment.. but again. All the supplies in the world won't prepare us for the end. For the beginning....

When the day comes and the world is changed.. all we'll be able to do is stare in awe at the tiny wonder that will save us. Save us from not knowing what we're capable of. Save us from having no place to put all of the good we have cultivated in our 60 combined years of life..
All we can do is embrace the new world that will be handed to us.
And all I can think is... it's going to be a Good life <3


Paleo Pasta

This isn't really a recipe.. just an idea =)

I found one of those amazing little gadgets that you find now and again that makes you wonder how you ever cooked without it.. Simple thing, really.. it's a julienne peeler...



 
 
Inexpensive... INNNNNNVALUABLE!
I've been making everything with it.
I Julienne Zucchini and yellow squash for a pasta dish and serve it with Vodka sauce (recipe soon!)
I Julienne carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, peppers and toss them with some chicken base and crushed red pepper for some spicy chicken lo mein..
It's my new favorite toy =) =)




Last night, I made spicy beef stir fry.
Happiness <3 <3

I would love to hear about some of your favorite gadgets and what you do with them!!!
Feel free to leave a comment or message me directly with any thoughts or suggestions!!!


Enjoy the end of the world, my sweet ninjas!
I know I will <3

No comments:

Post a Comment